I try to find information that can make border crossings easier on my trip and found Life Remotely. Here was plenty of useful information but I reproduces only the short version in respect for the great job they had done. So those who need more information should visit Life Remotely. Border Crossing USA to Mexico Border name: San Ysidro Between cities: Chula Vista, USA and Tijuana, Mexico Cost for visas: $20 USD per tourist card Cost for vehicle: $48 plus $200 USD refundable deposit Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes The steps:
If you’ve imported your motorcycle from Europe to the USA you must get papers on the border of the United States that the motorcycle will be exported from the United States. EPA Nonresident Exemption and copy of export papers must then be submitted to EPA Imports Line Exemption so that it will be deleted from the list.
- Drive through the border
- Clear Mexican customs (red light, green light)
- Find the Banjercito / Migración office
- Go to the Migración office and fill out the tourist card paper.
- Go to the Banco and pay the tourist card fee. The bank and Banjercito are the same place at this border.
- Go back to the Migración office with your receipt and get a stamp on your tourist card.
- Go to the copy shop and make copies of your vehicle permit and the vehicle owner’s passport, tourist card and green card (if applicable).
- Go back to the Banjercito line. Give them the official copies and originals of vehicle and driver IDs. Pay the vehicle import fee. Give them a credit card for the vehicle deposit.
- Affix the registration sticker to your car.